This is not a healthy cookie recipe by any means but it’s one that my daughter and I have fun making and eating together!! I’ve made this recipe using Rolo candies and chopped walnuts and Hershey’s dark chocolate almond candies with caramel pieces. Both came out amazingly! This is a great base recipe to add whatever you like or have on hand 🙂
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
To taste, chocolate chips, nuts, caramel pieces and/or candy pieces
1) Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda until combined.
2) In a separate bowl with a hand mixer, beat together butter, vanilla and sugars.
3) Slowly add in flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
4) Fold in chocolate chips, nuts, candy pieces, etc.
5) On an ungreased cookie sheet, placed rounded tablespoons of dough a few inches apart.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes until edges start to turn golden brown.
7) Let cookies cool before transferring to a serving plate. Cookies will be slightly gooey coming out of the oven but they finish cooking while cooling.
🔹Makes between 2-3 dozen depending on size of spoonfuls.