I’ve kinda been in a slump lately. I have not felt like cooking or cleaning the past few days so we’ve been eating leftovers or cereal or whatever I can heat up in the microwave I do really well cooking full blown dinners every night and then one night I just can’t do it. So this is the first REAL dinner I’ve made in a whole week. Feel honored ya’ll! I know my family did tonight LOL.
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup onions
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs. I used whole wheat
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Saute onions in oil over medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine half of the onions, ground beef, ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg and egg white, 1/4 cup beef broth, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 8 oval patties.
- In a large deep skillet over medium heat brown both sides of patties. Set aside on plate.
- Add mushrooms to skillet, season with salt and pepper and saute 2-3 minutes. Return patties to the skillet.
- In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining broth until smooth. Mix in remaining onions and tomato paste.
- Pour over meat and mushrooms in skillet.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
*This recipe is not mine but I’m not sure where I got it from! I searched Pinterest, my boards and recipe book aaaaand nothing